Homeschool work for 1/22/24 AND1/23/24
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING EACH DAY AND RETURN THE WORK ON WEDNESDAY!
- Phonics: Please work on the new blends that you see on your child's class papers. IF your child is not sure of a consonant sound, they will not understand the blends. Review those with them, if needed. Also, we need to review the vowel sounds, as some were lost over the long holiday break. We have been working on these is class, but more practice is needed.
- Sight words: Help your child to memorize at least 3 today, and 3 for Tuesday. Sight words do not follow any phonetic rules, so they must be remembered by sight. You have the list in the green folder sent home early in the year.
- Handwriting: Write 5 sentences using both sight words and some of our new blended words in them.//Do the same for Tuesday, using new words.
- Number Skills: Monday----Work with real coins, help your child recognize and know the value of the penny, , ,nickel, dime, and quarter. Tuesday: We are learning about counting by 5's and 10's. Practice these by writing, and by saying them. If your child struggles with number recognition, help them see the differences in the numbers.
- Reading: For both Monday and Tuesday, read your child's current reading book, AND the stories in the phonics folder.
- Please return all work, including a listing of what was done verbally to me on Wednesday.
- Don't forget to log your reading time!
STAY SAFE AND WARM!!