Assignments for Monday 11/30/20
6 & 7 grade Chemistry/ Physics:
Read chapter 4 pgs. 62-66, then answer following questions…
Chapter 4 Questions
Write out answers on notebook paper.
- A substance made up of only one kind of atom?
- What is formed when one atom connects with another atom?
- What is a compound made up of?
- List 3 examples of compounds?
- Crystals are curious…?
- Crystals are solids that have formed…?
- Bold definition of crystals?
- What are the repeating arrangements called?
- Can both elements and compounds make crystals?
- List 3 examples of elements that make crystals?
- List 3 examples of compounds that form crystals?
- How do most crystals form?
- what is happening to the atoms as the structure hardens?
- How does text explain Matthew 5:13?
- What crystal is formed when water freezes?
- What does Greek word, Kryos, mean?
- Best example of crystalized water?
- Who was the first person to photo snowflakes?
- What are treasured crystals called?
- Name the 4 precious gemstones?
- A well-known gemstone?
- What is graphite?
- What changes the geometric shape of carbon?
- Diamonds are…?
- What is the hardest substance on earth?
- Write out, James 1:2-4 on pg. 65.
- What are the 4 C’s?
- Diamonds form in what shape?
- How many faces does a diamond have?
- Cut refers to?
- Color refers to?
- Clarity refers to?
- Carats refers to?
6th grade Math:
Write definitions pgs. 76-77 (6) and problems 1-19 All
Write definitions pgs. 78-79 (4) and problems 1-13 All
6th grade Spelling and Grammar:
Spelling:List 11 pgs. 42-43 and review words for pre-test Wednesday
Grammar: Read pgs. 38-39, complete pgs. 39-40